Why is faith-based organization in Muslim communities important?
Thursday, May 12, 2016
#MuslimVotes #PowerHour was another night of networking and fun. This time, the panel portion featured local voices from Muslim faith-based organizing and voting rights advocacy, as well as distinguished guests from Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim-majority democracy. Dinner was a gourmet taco bar.
Moderator: Rick Ferrera, Master’s Student at UCSD's School of Global Policy and Strategy
- Anggia Rini, Secretary of the Health Department at Nahdlatul Ulama (NU)
- Yusuf Risin, Commentator at Apa Kabar Indonesia (radio program)
- Rashida Hameed, Board Director at Pillars of the Community
- Tareq Purmul, Vice President of the Muslim American Society (MAS) San Diego Chapter
- Chad Peace, President at IVC Media LLC